Tuesday, May 6, 2008

UPDATE on what happened Friday Night..

An old friend of mine was at the Crawfish Boil Friday with his wife and 2 kids..I actually saw them from afar but I didnt say anything because there were so many people there..Anyway, I saw his brother Monday night at Todd's baseball game..I asked him if his brother had fun and he asked me if I had fun..I told him we had fun until we got TOWED.. And he said that his brother was almost towed..I asked him what happened and I called him this morning to confirm what happened..He said he and his wife met their kids at 10:20 and they went back to their truck..He saw that there were about 7 tow trucks in the lot, the same lot we had our car towed from..

He loaded up the family and started to leave. When he got to the exit of the lot, a man in a Birmingham Parking Authority shirt stopped him by putting up a chain across the exit.. The man told him that he couldnt leave because he was parked illegally.. My friend asked him what he needed to do and he said " Give me $20 and you can go".. I found out from another woman whos car was towed that she saw alot of people paying $20 to get out of the lot..These people chained the lot so people couldnt leave.. So they not only got the money they made out of towing , they made money off of people by chaining the entrance , holding people hostage, until they paid $20 to leave.. Why tow some people and then take $20 from others? This sooo smells like a scam!

Amazing..

11 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

ridiculous!

Michelle said...

absoultely! Smells of a scam!

Dullbert said...

did you know you are in todays paper ?

Michelle said...

Yeah..They called me the day before and interviewed me about it..It is amazing how many people lie in the city of Birmingham..

Dullbert said...

And on my blog :) I know you're still peeoed about the whole thing so If it's in poor taste let me know and I will pull it.

Michelle said...

Naaa..I dont care...We all know that I am telling the truth.. Along with all the other people that are telling their story..Its the towing company and the lot manager whos lying..

Dullbert said...

Do you remember a big (series) of stories on this type of crap taking place on the Southside several years back. It ran in the paper for several consecutive days and sounds identical to your situation. They were basically extorting money from people. I'll try to dig it up.

Michelle said...

That would be an interesting thing to read.. Sounds good! People that do bad things should be held accountable.. They towed some cars but let some go.. Then the next day they allow people to park..Makes no sense whatsoever! They try to say that there were signs that stated it was private property..Ok.. So what.. They were STILL THERE the next day, when they were allowing people to park.. Im sorry..You cannot talk out both sides of your mouth without being called out!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Here's the link if anyone else wants to read...

http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/news/1210061716198420.xml&coll=2

Again Michelle, sorry you had a rough night.

Anonymous said...

Sweet justice!
http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2008/05/parking_employee_arrested_fire.html

Deedra said...

YEAH! Sweet justice indeed! Now to just get your money back...