Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Today, I enrolled in a research study on weight loss.. I am hoping it will help me lose more! I will keep a log of it on here, Im sure.. :)
I have been so busy that I cannot keep up with all the reality shows, either! I will say this though, that little David Archaletta can SINGGGGGGGGGG! He brought tears to my eyes last night singing " Imagine".. He made it his OWN song.. It was brilliant.. I am seeing a future star in the making.. Im pretty good at this.. I predicted Carrie Underwood..I missed it on Chris Daughtry though ( who should have won BTW ) :)
Friday, February 22, 2008
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Friday, February 15, 2008
I found these pictures last night when I was looking at my "memory book" from my senior year of high school.. I guess when your own child is going through their senior year, you tend to reminesce? Well, anyway, I found these hilarious 80s hair pictures..One was from my senior homecoming..You cant even see the poor guy behind me because my hair is so high! And I couldnt even put my friend Amye's whole picture on here because her hair was so high.. Talk about high hair! Amye DEFINATELY had the 80s hair thing going on! The other picture was from my cousin Kristy's wedding..Her hair alone screams 1987! Looks like she should be singing BARRACUDA or something like that by Heart! haha I was SO THIN!! Whats sad is I thought I was a cow! Sad!! Here is my ode to the 80's hair! I went through a can of hairspray a week.. My dad used to say that if the wind blew too hard it wouldnt move my hair but it would just blow my head clean off! HAHA Im so glad I had boys... :)
Ok..I finally got caught up with Big Brother last night..Thank goodness for DVR..I have NO IDEA what we did before it? Oh yeah, we missed shows.. haha Anyway, hubby and I watched the show from Wednesday and also fast forwarded through alot of the "BB After Dark" show on Cinemax..When BB 8 was on Showtime, I stayed up late almost every night watching atleast an hour of it..Of course, that was BEFORE we owned a business! I gotta have my ZZZZZ's now! We watched the whole 3 hour show in like 45 minutes.. I am trying to figure this show out.. The After Dark is a live feed thats coming from the house..The first episodes were taped ahead of time..So it goes like this: The twist with BB9 is that the houseguests are paired with their seemingly "soulmates" based on profile tests that they took prior to coming into the house..They have to work as a couple, sleep as a couple and be voted off as a couple..This makes me wonder if the show will last the normal 3 months or not? Who knows.. But I am having a really hard time juggling this show with American Idol! This is my SUMMER show.. Not my Spring Show..haha
A few twists added to the twist are : a couple that dated for 12 years (Jacob and Sharon) and broke up because he cheated on her are paired up and another SECRET couple (Ryan and Jen) who are paired up with 2 other people..First week, the "power couple" is Jen and Parker..They get to send home one couple..
Now, if you saw BB8, you know how it ended, the people that knew each other the longest survived(Eval Dick and Danielle Donato) ..They put aside their differences and worked TOGETHER to win the show..Well, I expected this also from Sharon and Jacob..Sadly, it didnt happen..Jacob ran his mouth about Parker and Jen, Parker's "soulmate" heard it and told Parker..Parker called everyone out on it, to find out who the real culprit was..No one fessed up and so Jacob was left looking like the fool..Sharon, Jacob's ex and soulmate went to Parker and tried to smooth things over and tried convincing him that Ryan(Jen's real boyfriend) was the one who was running his mouth about him..Well, that all backfired when Jen decided to tell Parker about their relationship..She was doing this to save Ryan because Parker was ready to send Ryan and Allison(Ryans "soulmate") home..Ryan was a little preturbed that Jen told Parker so he said that they needed to tell Allison..This is where the drama starts..
I am female and I know how this works: When they informed Allison, she wasnt happy ONE BIT.. And we all know why.. She wasnt upset because she felt like she was at a disadvantage because of Jen and Ryan's relationship..She was just plain ol pissed because she was digging Ryan and wanted to hook up with him.. PLAIN AND SIMPLY PUT! I figured that out before it was obvious! Hubby made a comment about that after the convos took place.. Duh..Women are hateful like that.. Anyway, I knew its a matter of time before Allison let everyone know about their alliance.. Girls like her are the reason I didnt have alot of female friends as a teenager.. uughhh.. Anyway, in the end, Parker and Jen ended up sending home Jacob and Sharon..The new HOH are Alex and Amanda..No drama yet..They are all new.. Im sure it is to come..
Ok.. watching the BB9 After Dark from Wednesday night, it was very different..I was quite confused..I watched Sharon leave with her ex, Jacob but then I saw Sharon on the show..I was very confused until they said that she was brought back and that Neil ( he was paird up with a guy, im assuming they are gay) was sent home.. OKKKAAAYYYY.. Confusion! SO anyway, Sharon is back and from what we could gather, she is MOUTHY.. Oh and the truth behind Jen and Ryan is now out in the open.. Everyone knows and they are not happy.. The common theme is the other houseguests miss their family and friends but Jen and Ryan have each other.. Kind of reminds me of James and his girlfriend in Season 6..That was one of the best seasons, next to the All Stars!
I am done with this update for now..I will try to make sense of all of this over the weekend.. haha
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Note to all future American Idol prospects that make it to Hollywood: SING SONGS THAT SOUND THE BEST WITH YOUR VOICE!! I felt really awful for that little "Abstinance Girl"..She was cute and she had the pipes..She WAS very young though..She could come back next year and wow the judges..Her major mistake? Actually trusting someone who didnt make it to the next level to be her COACH..I sure hope that she didnt PAY this chick for her advice..If she did, she got robbed..Who IN THE WORLD would sing a song that they dont know as a "LAST CHANCE"? Hello...YOU ARE SINGING FOR YOUR LIFE!!! Thats where you pull out your VERY BEST material!! But, I guess if she had made it on the show, she would have continually picked the wrong songs..I hope she takes this as a lesson learned and stop listening to other people and do her OWN THING.. It got her there in the first place!
My final critique is for the pageant queen..All I gotta say is this: It is about time someone told that girl NO! Dont get me wrong..She has a great voice..She really did..She picked THE WRONG SONG to sing for her life with ( a common issue it seemed for the night) and then when Paula was "on the fence" about her, she practically badgered her to send her on to the next level..She might has well just said " Cmon, Paula, be cool like EVERYONE ELSE and send me to the next level" And her little " I just wished I could have gotten a fair chance" comment she made was absolutely RIDICULOUS!!Isnt that what they just LET HER DO? WAH WAH WAH go cry into your little crown chickypoo..Good Riddance! I am SO PROUD of Paula sticking to her guns and just saying no to this girl! I got 2 words for you if this girl would have made it through : KELLY PICKLER..Difference here is Kelly Pickler was AT LEAST funny.. This girl was ANNOYING! JMO!
My favs? The Aussie guy that sang Queen..MY GOSH HIS VOICE......I am feeling the same "vibe" I got while watching Chris Daughtry..And I REALLY loved the 16 year old boy..He sang that Bryan Adams song "Heaven" and sang it VERY WELL, I might add! The Irish girl that sang Heart's "Alone" was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! I think her main problem is she was suffering from a bad experience from before and was scared to death things werent going to work out , like before..This girl is a natural and her voice is SO PURE and REAL! OMG, could you imagine a duet between her and Aussie guy? Im getting goosebumps thinking about it!! I totally look forward to them making it to the top 10..Along with the 16 year old..Those are 3 of my predictions..Of course, I am never right about these things! HAHA
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Heck, it seems like yesterday *I* was graduating from high school.. This is actually my 20th year reunion year..I am a member of the John Carroll Class of 1988!! UGGHH excuse me while I go take some Geritol! HA :)
Friday, February 8, 2008
1. Are you taller than your best friend? yes..
2. Do you have a favorite type of pen? um no? lol
3. Look at your planner for March 7th, what will you be doing? Its the day after my moms birthday.. I am sure I will be at work and or going to some baseball game somewhere for one of my sons!
4. What color are your toe nails usually? red or pink
5. What was the last thing you highlighted? prices!
6. What color are the curtains in your bedroom?I have wooden blinds.
7. What color are the seats in your vehicle? grey leather and in the Mustang they are tan leather
8. Have you ever had a black and white cat?yes.. I have a pure black cat right now..
9. What is the last thing you put a stamp on? a bill grrrr. Atleast its PAID!
10. Do you know anyone who lives in Wyoming? NOPE
11. Why did you withdraw cash from the ATM the last time?We went to a football game for one of my sons, I think..
12. Who is the last baby that you held? My friend Nikki's darling little girl, Rebecca!
13. Can you spell well? Yes..My parents used to ask ME how to spell something, when I was a kid!
14. Do you like Cinnamon toothpaste? YUCK!!
15. What kind of car were you driving 2 years ago?Ford Expedition and Ford Mustang
16. Pick one: Miami Hurricanes or Florida Gators: GATORS
17. Last time you went to Six Flags?about 8 years ago, with my 2 oldest sons, for a birthday party for one of his friends..THAT was interesting.. Sadly, I taught one of his friends NEW Vocabulary he shouldnt use on the Viper!
18. Do you have any wallpaper in your house? no
19. Closest thing to you that is yellow? baby outfit thats just SCREAMING for me to put it in the computer at work!
20. Last person you gave a business card to? Someone that came into my store..
21. Who is the last person you wrote a check to? Helena City News
22. Closest framed picture to you? a picture taken of all 3 of my boys when I lived in Homewood..They were actually sitting on top of the toilet in my bathroom..It was the perfect height to get a picture of all 3..
23. Last time you had someone cook for you? Steve, about 2 weeks ago..
25. How many emails do you get in your inbox daily (excluding spam)?5
26. Last time you received flowers? when my middle son Tyler picked them from a neighbors yard, when he was like 3..haha
28. Do you play air guitar? duh
29. Has anyone ever proposed to you? well sort of..Steve just said " When we get married.." hehe
30. Do you take anything in your coffee? Splenda and creamer
31. Do you own any Willow Tree figurines? Whats that?
32. What is/was your high school's mascot? a gay man on a horse! (John Carroll Cavaliers)
33. Last person you spoke to from high school? Paul Schifanella
34. Last time you used hand sanitizer? I dont like that stuff, it always burns my hands..Im sensitive!
35. Would you like to learn to play the drums? tried to..I am sooooo not coordinated enough!
36. What color are the blinds in your living room? White
38. Last thing you read in the newspaper? Natalee Holloway saga
39. What was the last pageant you attended?never been to one! But I do sell the dresses.. haha
40.Where is the last place you bought pizza from? Fraydos yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm
41. Have you ever worn a crown? yeah, the one my sister won when she got "Queen of Hearts " when she was in high school.. We all wore it, took turns and then took pictures.. My dad looked HILARIOUS!
42. What is the last thing you stapled? probably a flyer for the store
43. Did you ever drink clear Pepsi? no
44. Are you ticklish? not really..
45. Last time you saw fireworks? HEARD some on New Years Eve
46. Last time you had a Krispy Kreme doughnut? I try not to remember those things!!
47. Last person that IMed you, and you actually responded? Dont have it?
.48. Last time you parked under a carport? Last time I went to St. Vincents
49. Do you have a black dog? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dogs dont like me
51. Are you an aunt or uncle? depending on my mood, I can be both.. haha I am an aunt..I have a neice and a nephew on my side and 2 neices and 3 nephews on my husbands side...
52. Who has the prettiest eyes that you know of? RJ McCall.. my god that kid has eyelashes that should be OUTLAWED!!!
53. Last time you saw a semi truck? yesterday
54. What is the last song you belted out in the car? WANTED DEAD OR ALIVEEEEE gotta love Bon Jovi!
55. Do you have a little black dress? used to..
UPDATE: ok..He was indeed in a fight and he had been bit several times in his back leg..Hence the hopping on one leg..He had swelling down to the joint..Of course, the vet had to take an XRAY to make sure that it wasnt broken..Anyway, to the tune of $277, he is now on his way home.. I think its highway robbery!
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
The show is basically about 11 single people who are put together in a luxury hotel..They pick a "room mate" who is of the opposite sex..All the people there have a partner except for one person..They have to have a room all by themself that week..By the end of the week, they have to have secured a room mate or go home..If they have, then someone else will be sent home..And then a new person is sent in their place..(I am trying to still figure out why having a room ALL BY YOURSELF is bad.. haha I guess it is because they dont have the "edge" in having a "partner". ) The room mates not only share a room but become "partners" in trying to win the final prize which is 250K..They have the option of splitting it with their partner or keeping it all if their couple wins..In Paradise Hotel 1, the 2 couples that won, one shared and the other couple didnt..The hot girl used the dorky guy to help her win and then didnt even give him a red cent! Talk about great Reality Television drama! The dorky guy made that show! It was priceless!
My take on this new Paradise Hotel? IT SUCKS!! I definately wont be wasting my time with this show, unless there is NOTHING ELSE ON and I need to watch tv..Seriously..There are NO HOT GUYS and the girls are just ok..But nothing to drool over for the guys..The guys are all goofy looking and they all seem to have this overconfidence that they shouldnt have! One guy was like " If you weigh over 250 pounds, I wont even look your way..If you look like BARBIE, you will definately get my attention"
Monday, February 4, 2008
Friday, February 1, 2008
I figured out she had mental problems about a year or so ago..They showed an old interview of her , she was maybe 18 or so, and she seemed so "lucid", meaning she seemed like a typical teenager.. She said "like" alot and she was making sense..Then they showed a recent interview and she was very strange..If anyone saw the interview she gave when she was pregnant, that should pretty much tell the whole tale.. She looked very "lost"..I saw a video of her on TMZ where she was speaking with a "British Accent".. I almost worry that this poor girl has multiple personalities..Dealing with the paparazzi will indeed induce a form of "survival" in its own form, I am sure..According to the DSM-IV, bipolar disorder is "characterized by one or more Major Depressive Episodes accompanied by at least one Hypomanic Episode." Meaning they have very high highs and very low lows in their moods.. EXTREME mood swings..When they are "High" they experience delusions of grandeur, thinking they are more important than they really are..The disorder also manifests itself in the late teens to early 20s..Explains why she has changed so much , since she was a kid..
To be honest, I think that Britney has had this disorder for a while now and the paparazzi FED into this..They followed her EVERYWHERE she went.. If you are a little mentally "off", you could view this totally differnt than a normal person would..As you have seen lately, she has almost "embraced" them..A normal person would view them as a pain in the butt.."Leave me alone" attitude..She has been known to go off on them but then always apologizes to them..She even was dating one..
She has been surrounding herself with people in her life that cause her harm, another symptom of someone who needs help..I have read some REALLY disturbing info about her so called "manager and friend ", Sam Lufti(with friends like him..She doesnt need any enemies!)..Seems he has had several restraining orders against him from people that he has tried to control and when they called him on it, he went psycho on them..Seems that people like him tend to feed on people that they appear as "weak" and they think they can control..This past week he was seen with Britney and her mom out buying a Mercedes(which is a symptom of the manic side of bipolar-making big purchases or going on shopping sprees)..This is THE LAST thing someone with bipolar disorder needs to be doing..If he was truly a friend, he would have her in treatment , instead of allowing her to do that..Her mother was trying to get her to seek help but with Sam Lufti by her side, she could do anything..Also, Mr. Lufti was making huge claims that he ran Britney's life 99% of the time..MAJOR control issues..He has also stated that he has papers signed from Britney stating that he has total control over her, including whether or not she should be "committed"..
He stated that her mother and father were just jealous of their friendship..And of the fact that he could control her..NOW THIS GUY NEEDS TO BE IN TREATMENT! He is unstable..But like's attract "likes"..Unstable people usually seek people that will feed into this frenzy..He sounds like that controlling boyfriend some girls have that when the girls tries to break free, he tries to tell her that it is "them against the world" and that everyone else is just jealous of their relationship..They do that to try to control the girl..This is what Mr. Lufti is doing to Britney..She isnt mentally stable enough to push him away and tell him NO.. I am quite certain that this man is the main reason she is in a downward spiral to hell..
It just makes me SICK when I see people feeding on people that are mentally unstable..Britney has been showing symptoms of this for about 2 years..I thought she was getting it all back together when she divorced her husband..But, if you think about the whole "delusions of grandeur" thing, him divorcing her was probably a HUGE blow to her over inflated ego( one that was due to bipolar disorder)..When that happened, she felt rejected and then turned to anyone who would inflate her ego to where she felt it should be, whether or not it was right..This is where bottom feeders like Lufti come in..She surrounded herself with losers and they all fed off her..Add in the paparrazzi craziness and how every move she makes is being photographed, how she is on every magazine and show ( and some blogs too!) you can imagine how someone with a eschewed way of thinking would view themselves as "overly important"..
This whole saga is so sad..I really do feel badly for her..I pray that she gets the help she deserves and gets better..I am scared she will end up just a memory..Id rather remember her as that cute little girl on the "Mickey Mouse Club"..