Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Bittersweet Time in My Life..





This good looking young man is my oldest, who is a SENIOR..These are his senior portraits..This is a bittersweet time for me..I am happy as I can be for him..He is graduating in May..I am also sad as can be for ME because he is graduating in May..It seems like YESTERDAY he was running around saying" Mommy, watch this" and "Mommy, I love you".. Now he is about to embark on a new world.. Excuse me while I get the tissue :*(.. Like I said, BITTERSWEET!

Heck, it seems like yesterday *I* was graduating from high school.. This is actually my 20th year reunion year..I am a member of the John Carroll Class of 1988!! UGGHH excuse me while I go take some Geritol! HA :)

3 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I dont knwo if it accepted the comment, if so delete one.
I said...
I too have a tissue. B/c I too am class of 88. Does seem like yesterday. Thsi summer Bama will don the tux for his senior portrait. Where does time go? BooHoo...pass the tissues...

Michelle said...

I know :( It seems like YESTERDAY he was CRAWLING!!!!! Makes me want another one!!

Abbey's Road said...

I have to be honest, because I love you ... it doesn't get any easier ... daughters marry and you know (or hope) that they're being well cared-for. Sons leave and they have to go out, make a life and be the supporter of their own families. I have never ached for my daughter like I have the absence of my Son. He has not lived in my house for six years and I don't think I'm ever gonna get over it. He's so good and I'm so proud of him, but I long for the days when we did EVERYTHING together, just me and him .... WHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Yours is a handsome one .... just instill in him that he has PLENTY of time for commitments and all that; enjoy his young years, they're irreplaceable!