Wednesday, February 13, 2008

American Idol!!

Hollywood was VERY interesting! I have to say, I was NOT happy that the girl with the special needs daughter from Philadelphia was sent home..BUT..She sounded a little differently on the stage in Hollywood than she did in Philly...And what the heck is that kid that lives in his car all about? Geez..I DO NOT LIKE THIS KID!! I think hes a "poser"..My family is split about this dude..My oldest and I both agree that we dont like him..It isnt about his sound..He has a "unique" sound..Thing is, he is COPYING someone else's sound..Trying to make it seem like "his"..And OMG, when he talks , he is faking that English accent at times too..VERY reminiscent of Britney Spears before she was put in the hospital and deemed "gravely disabled"..It gets on my nerves when he talks..I am embarrassed for him! My hubby thinks I am being too hard on him but I am serious..There is something VERY WEIRD about him..I think he is ALL SHOW..Especially since he thought he was SO GOOD that he didnt NEED the band or the background singers and then BARFED out "Stand By Me" with his little poser voice..Im sorry..Maybe I AM a little too hard on him but he is just NOT what I would even CONSIDER listening to..And MY GOD STOP THE CRYING!! He is about 2 steps away from becoming a Saturday Night Live Skit..

Note to all future American Idol prospects that make it to Hollywood: SING SONGS THAT SOUND THE BEST WITH YOUR VOICE!! I felt really awful for that little "Abstinance Girl"..She was cute and she had the pipes..She WAS very young though..She could come back next year and wow the judges..Her major mistake? Actually trusting someone who didnt make it to the next level to be her COACH..I sure hope that she didnt PAY this chick for her advice..If she did, she got robbed..Who IN THE WORLD would sing a song that they dont know as a "LAST CHANCE"? Hello...YOU ARE SINGING FOR YOUR LIFE!!! Thats where you pull out your VERY BEST material!! But, I guess if she had made it on the show, she would have continually picked the wrong songs..I hope she takes this as a lesson learned and stop listening to other people and do her OWN THING.. It got her there in the first place!

My final critique is for the pageant queen..All I gotta say is this: It is about time someone told that girl NO! Dont get me wrong..She has a great voice..She really did..She picked THE WRONG SONG to sing for her life with ( a common issue it seemed for the night) and then when Paula was "on the fence" about her, she practically badgered her to send her on to the next level..She might has well just said " Cmon, Paula, be cool like EVERYONE ELSE and send me to the next level" And her little " I just wished I could have gotten a fair chance" comment she made was absolutely RIDICULOUS!!Isnt that what they just LET HER DO? WAH WAH WAH go cry into your little crown chickypoo..Good Riddance! I am SO PROUD of Paula sticking to her guns and just saying no to this girl! I got 2 words for you if this girl would have made it through : KELLY PICKLER..Difference here is Kelly Pickler was AT LEAST funny.. This girl was ANNOYING! JMO!

My favs? The Aussie guy that sang Queen..MY GOSH HIS VOICE......I am feeling the same "vibe" I got while watching Chris Daughtry..And I REALLY loved the 16 year old boy..He sang that Bryan Adams song "Heaven" and sang it VERY WELL, I might add! The Irish girl that sang Heart's "Alone" was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! I think her main problem is she was suffering from a bad experience from before and was scared to death things werent going to work out , like before..This girl is a natural and her voice is SO PURE and REAL! OMG, could you imagine a duet between her and Aussie guy? Im getting goosebumps thinking about it!! I totally look forward to them making it to the top 10..Along with the 16 year old..Those are 3 of my predictions..Of course, I am never right about these things! HAHA

3 comments:

Abbey's Road said...

You love all the same ones that I do, except the dude living in his car ... I dunno, I felt sorry for him ... and I could not stand the beauty queen, too "valley-girl" for my taste .... it kills me that these people KNOW they don't have a chance in he-double-hockey-sticks, they just take up time. This is for SERIOUS singers - H-E-L-L-O!!!!! Paula is so sweet and gives all she can, so when she says "NO" you know it's awful!!!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Aussie guy, I too am sold on. Glad pagent queen was booted. Agree about the cheerleader. the homeless kid. I do not know how he got thourhg hother than the judges giveing hi, a chacne because of his situation. I dont think it was fair to the others. Hes ok, not an "idol". He would do better in a karaokee bar....

Michelle said...

I smell a rat.. Im telling you.. I dont trust that kid.. One second hes ok with everything and then the next hes bawling his eyes out? Um I smell manipulation!! :)