Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I need a V-8!!!

Yesterday was a very busy day for me.. I was taking my middle son to football workouts and then have my oldest son drop me off at the store to work a few hours before he had to relieve me so I could go to a doc appointment and then go to my middle son's 7 on 7 competition at Hoover High School.. So anyway, I was minding my own business, getting ready when at 8:30 am I hear this CRASHING sound in my kitchen.. Middle and youngest sons were putting dishes away at that time..

Uh Oh... Yeah.. Uh oh is right.. I run into the kitchen and there is middle son standing there with glass all around him, SHATTERED and broken peices of ceramic on the counter.. WHAT IN THE ................I asked(well, ok, I SCREAMED) him.. He stood there, almost frozen.. He looked like he was stuck in a time warp or something.. Youngest son ( God love him!) got some shoes on and started to clean up the mess and middle son made it over to the sink to rinse his right hand.. I saw that it was pretty much gushing blood at this point.. OH GREAT! is what I was thinking..This is NOT on the schedule for today.. I noticed at this time that middle son was looking VERY PALE, almost ghostly white..He got a paper towel and sat on couch and I called hubby.. I was FRANTIC.. I dont handle situations like this well, sometimes.. I realized that this was what it was and that I was going to have to take middle son to the doctor.. It looked like a pretty deep cut..

Did I forget to mention that middle son is one of the QB's for the freshman team? ANOTHER reason I freaked.. Today was the 7 on 7 competition.. Luckily, this was his right hand that was now lacerated, not his left, throwing hand.. But he STILL had to catch a ball that is snapped to him and Im sure he needed stitches.. I called the coach and told him that he needed to be seen by a doc to get stitches.. I took him to Dr. Ricketts.. He needed 4-5( we lost count) stitches and by 11:15, we were back on our way.. I took middle son to football practice and waited on him.. In all of this, oldest son opened the store and stayed there all day.. (God love him too!!)

Oldest son had to take youngest son to football conditioning too, after closing the store at 6..He picked him up and called me and seemed a little "wiped out".. I told him that he lived my typical day today.. Then I said " Now, you need to come home and cook for everyone" LOL He was NOT amused...

4 comments:

Terri said...

So, you NEEDED the cake! Yes it was me...the cake fairy!

sorry your day sucked worse than mine did. I'll stop by again soon.

Michelle said...

OMG!! Thanks so much!! You are the sweetest!!! I look forward to seeing you soon!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I am so sorry! I hope he mends quickly!

Michelle said...

Thanks Leigh! He is a big ol baby! LOL