Thursday, January 17, 2008

My poor sister!

We all have either had this done to us or we have done it unintentionally..My sister was approached by a woman at her garden club meeting today and the lady asked her if she was PREGNANT..My sister has 2 kids, ages 7 and 4..She has absolutely NO INTENTION of having another baby again. She does NOT look pregnant by ANY stretch of the imagination..My only assumption is the lady was OBVIOUSLY drunk when she made that comment! But seriously, WHY DONT PEOPLE THINK BEFORE THEY OPEN THEIR MOUTHS? I dont ask ANYONE if they are pregnant..I dont care of they have an OBVIOUS bump that protrudes all the way to China! Unless it is already a widely known pregnancy..Until then, I just mind my own business..I had this happen to me one time..My oldest son was like 6 months old..I was still fat as a hog after giving birth to him..Actually, I had gained after he was born..Anyway, this kid comes up to me and rubs my belly and says " OMG! ANOTHER one?" I gave him DAGGER eyes and said "Nope, Im just FAT".. I knew he was totally embarrassed..As was the stupid lady that said that to my sister today..Anyway, I told my sister today that I was gonna blog about it! HA BTW, my sister is NOT fat either..She is like me, could stand to lose a few pounds but is in no way remotely close to looking like shes with child!

3 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

That same thing happened to my cousin. She was hurt so badly (not married or preg). I felt awful for her.
When I was preg but I was about a month I was in a Hallmark store and the lady asked me about it. Now at the time I was skinny minnie (days long gone) and I looked at her and said, "Do I know you". She looked at me shocked and I said I am but only by a month...
The rest of the day I spent looking at my waistline in the mirror. Now, I cannot bear to look. Whihc reminds me, MICHELLE lets walk!
Oh, and tell your sister to tell the lady at the CC that "unless I am the virgin mary, I am not prego. But I will ask the Lord to forgive your intrusveness. Have a wonderful most blessed day" and smiel really big. "Oh, by the way,Mam, have another drink...on me..."

Michelle said...

I know we need to walk..I need to get past this whole SNOW thing.. haha Where do you walk, when you go?

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Joe Tucker?