Monday, January 5, 2009

My New Years Resolutions!!

1. To chill out and not take things SO SERIOUSLY!

2. To enjoy the day and not wish my life away! I tend to say " I can't wait til.." waaay too much!! I have found that when I sit back and just take each day in, whether or not its a MAJOR fun day or a vacation, I enjoy life much more!

3. To try to exercise 6 days a week, no excuses! Unless Im lying in bed sick as a dog!

4. To eat healthier and cut out so much FAST FOOD.. Goodbye McDonalds, Taco Bell, Zaxby's, Chick-Fil-A and Fraydo's!!! I will return, but only for short visits!!!

5. I REALLY want to lose enough weight to feel ok in a swimsuit (one piece) and take my kids to the neighborhood pool alot this summer.. I havent been able to do that in YEARS..

6. I want to become FINANCIALLY fit.. Live within my means.. Not "keep up with the Joneses" .. We havent really done this in years.. With the economy the way it is these days, I think alot of people are doing this.. I have pretty much taken that step.. I dont use credit cards and I always pay cash for purchases, even Christmas this year! I want to be able to save enough money to pay cash for my sons to have a car.. Not an easy feat! Im hoping to do this, this year.. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

7. Keep up with my friends.. I dont want to be a disappearing lady anymore!! I want to be more social!! Have more fun!!

8. Last but not least, BLOG.. I can blog when I get frustrated about something or when I need to talk about something in regards to weight loss or reality tv! This is my little way to vent and let things out!

9. Quit yelling!! I yell waaay too much.. Maybe its the Italian in me? Who knows.. I will yell from one end of the house to the other, to get my kids attention.. It really gets on my husbands nerves..

10. Be more supportive in regards to my kids.. I tend to be negative and point out the WORST POSSIBLE SCENARIO..Instead, I am going to work on being tolerant.. Especially with my oldest son.. He is an adult now, technically.. Treating him like a child will only make him resent me later..

3 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Great resolutions!!!!

Debt free is the way to be. When you get there, really everything else falls into place.
I hope that you will blog more now that you have a bit more time.

ANd catchup with friends. I miss you, girl!

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I like them! :)

Financial Peace University was great for us. Maybe you can check that out.

Want to join Curves with me? I can bring you as a guest, I think, so you can try it. (Or did you say you used to be a member?)

Crystal Watford said...

I swear I made a comment... oh well. Computers!

Anyway... Financial Peace University did wonders for us! We love it and highly recommend it to anyone we can.

Come to Curves with me and Mrs. Newman! I think I can get you in as a guest once or twice. :)